Meet The Team
OWNER AND FOUNDER
Good Dog Spot Owner and Founder Niki Reiche immigrated to the United States in 2006, where her passion for animals let her to start the award winning dog walking and pet sitting company My Dog Spot. Her work here with leash reactive and fear aggressive dogs led Niki to further pursue a career in dog training.
During her extensive dog training career Niki’s focus has centered on defensive, reactive, and anxious behavior in dogs. Niki uses enrichment and positive reinforcement based training to build confidence in both dogs and their owners. She has designed and taught ‘dog-and-kid safety’ programs, ‘dog-bite-safety’ programs and family dog programs to help build awareness and keep dogs safe in family homes.
She is a member of the IAABC and APDT and attends webinars, courses and conferences regularly to keep educated and relevant.
- Toward a New Understanding of C.A.T (Constructional Aggression Treatment) (2022)
- Canine Social Behavior. (Camille Ward) (2022)
- Canine Impulsivity and Fear (Kristina Spaulding) (2022)
- Play Way! For Reactivity and Aggression Challenges! (Dr. Amy Cook) (2022)
- L.E.G.S Applied Ethiology Family Dog Mediation Professional Course (Kim Brophey) (2022)
- Control is an Illusion: Rethinking how we teach for Impulse Control (Sarah Owings) (2021)
- Applied Behavior Analysis via Behavior Vets. (Lauren Novack) (2021)
- Predation Substitute Training Webinar: New Ways to Manage Predatory Chasing (Simone Muller) (2020)
- Dog-Human Aggression Cases (Live Course) (Michael Shikashio) 2021
- Dog-Dog Aggression Cases (Live Course) (Michael Shikashio) 2021
- Targeting Essentials for K9 Fitness. (Bobbie Lyons) (2021)
- Foundation Fitness (Bobbie Lyons) (2021)
- Urban BAT Dog Reactivity (Grisha Steward) (2020)
- Recognizing Pain in Dogs. (Dr. Debbie Gross Torraca) (2020)
- Beyond the Bite – Crucial Consulting Skills for Working Aggression Cases. (Melanie Cerone) (2020)
- Beginning Behavior Consulting – Sarah Filipiak (2020)
- Master Course: Aggression in Dogs (Michael Shikashio, Dr. Chris Pachel, Jessica Dolce, and Kim Brophey) (2020)
- Anxiety: The Whole Story. (Dr. Jessica Hekman, DVM, PHD) (2020)
- Danger at the Door: Working with Aggression toward guests (Sarah Dixon) (2020)
- Puppy Pandemic Priorities (Susan Alexander) (2020)
- Puppy Start Right: Foundation Training for the Companion Dog, Kenneth M, Martin, Debbie Martin (2020)
CONTACT FOR EDUCATIONAL COURSES TAKEN BEFORE 2020
Certified professional dog trainer
Quinn has focused largely in the areas of dog leash reactivity, confidence building, puppy training and socialization, basic training, trick training, and behavior modification for challenging behaviors in numerous species. She has worked with dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, birds, pigs, and more. She currently has a long haired, sassy, cat named Echo, and a shelter mutt named Cleopatra who has participated in K9 Nosework through NACSW and is currently learning Treibball.
- CPDT-KA Certification
- Fear Free Shelter Program Certification
- Low Stress Handling Certified Silver
- Master Course – Aggression in Dogs (Michael Shikashio, Dr. Chris Pachel, Jessica Dolce, and Kim Brophey)
- Canine Behavioral Euthanasia (Sue Alexander and Trish McMillan)
- Aggression in Dogs – Defensive Handling and Training (Michael Shikashio and Trish McMillan)
Rocio Camarena – KPA CPT
Certified professional dog trainer
Rocio is a lover of all dogs from the super high energy rocket dog to the mature stately senior. Her goal is to foster a relationship of team work between you and your companion animal.
Rocio became a certified dog trainer in 2016 when she received her certification through the Karen Pryor Academy as a certified training professional.
Rocio has been helping with the Pasadena Humane Behavior Department for 13 years in agility, puppy, manners, trick classes and specialty workshops. She has also taught puppy classes at Pasadena Humane.
Rocio helped train dogs of all ages at the Glendale Humane Society providing enrichment and troubleshooting shelter dog challenges.
She has taught detection/scentwork, confidence building agility and treibball classes. Rocio is adept at using sports, games and enrichment to address issues with off leash handling, behavior challenges, manners and willingness to follow cues. Building a fun trusting relationship between dog and their humans.